CHEVY '94 CHEVY K1500 IS CUTTING OUT AT TOP

1994 Chevrolet Silverado

smshaw

April, 4, 2009 AT 1:56 PM

1994 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

I have a 1994 chevy k1500 truck with a 305 motor and 130,000 miles on it....just recently it started running very ragged. The truck starts kind of slow sometimes, which was never a problem before and it will sit and idle fine, but if you give it gas at the idle it cuts out at the top end of the throttle, it sounds just like I'm pumping the petal but I'm not . If you try to drive it or accelerate, it cuts out and dies. We have checked the catalytic converter, it was fine. Checked the EGR valve, also fine...we replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs, distributor cap & rotor button, the electic module under the distributor cap,

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/340000_100_1493_1.jpg

and replaced the gasket under the fuel body....but it's still doing the same thing. Earlier this year we also replaced the gas tank and all fuel lines so I'm pretty sure that isn't it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

chevymetro19

April, 5, 2009 AT 7:36 PM

Check you o2 sensor your egr silinoide and you map sensor also maybe the iac valve