1993 Chevy Silverado Lack of engine power

PIMPERADO06
  • 1993 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

1993 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 262000 miles

The vehicle listed above has very low power. The truck has headers and exaust straight from the headers to a flowmaster muffler. I have had the heads redone, new cam and lifters, new sensors, fuel filter has less then 30000 miles on it. I performed a pressure test on the cylinders, the highest psi was 170, the lowest was 145. The truck ran perfect when I got it about 3 years ago. I drove it into a pond during the winter 2 years ago. It hasnt ran right since. Everything listed above was replaced after the pond incedent. I also had gm goodwrench technicians install a new computer. The truck runs and sounds good but no power. Ive adjusted the timing and valves every which way to try and find some extra horses but it just isnt there. Im out of options. I would appreciate some expert advice, thanks.

Monday, April 21st, 2008 AT 9:09 PM

CHEVYNICK08

Check the distributer cap and rotor if moisure has gotten under the cap it will let the spark jump through the cap or to other spark plugs

Thursday, April 24th, 2008 AT 12:46 PM