1990 Chevy Silverado fuel pump

CHUNKY
  • 1990 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
1990 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

the truck has new fuel pump but I have no power the pumps not coming on and I lost power to my signals could it be a relay because iam not getting power to the pump fuse.(Please help)
Wednesday, January 7th, 2009 AT 12:57 PM

If you have a fuel module, the voltage to the fuse may come from the fuel module. My info showed for 5.7 hd only and then said L05 and L19, which I guess is a manufacturer ID designation.

The only location I found for the module, where applicable, is next to the pcm. The wiring colors, brown is ignition feed, Black with white tracer is ground for the module, Tan with white tracer is voltage for the fuse. I don't like trying to follow those spaghetti diagrams, sometimes I lose my circuit. LOL
Wednesday, January 7th, 2009 AT 1:44 PM
CHUNKY
Could you tell me where the fuel module on this truck is located c1500
+1
Wednesday, January 7th, 2009 AT 5:35 PM
It should be located by or next to the computer. Under the dash, passenger side, behind glove-box cavity.

I gave you the wiring colors for the connector. I'd check the circuits. You didn't list the liter size of your engine?
Thursday, January 8th, 2009 AT 9:24 AM
CHUNKY
Thanks for your help its a 5.7 and I checked all the fuses I could find and there all good I noticed if I disconect the fuel relay and bypass the plug it all works but the truck won't turn off with key
Thursday, January 8th, 2009 AT 10:15 AM
CHUNKY
Maybe the ecm and if where is it located
Tuesday, January 13th, 2009 AT 1:23 PM
I've already told you where the ecm and fuel module should be located, behind the glove box cavity on the passenger side. You need to test the circuits for the fuel module.
Tuesday, January 13th, 2009 AT 3:34 PM