CHEVY FUEL PUMP WILL NOT RUN

1988 Chevrolet Silverado

Krise84

November, 23, 2009 AT 10:27 PM

1988 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 204232 miles

Hi, I was wondering where the fuse, if there is a fuse, for the fuel pump would be located on this vehicle. Could it be a fuseable link? I reclaced the fuel pump relay today because it cost less than ten dollars and that didn't fix anything. I didn't think that was the problem since both parts ohmed basically the same. I know that the fuel pump runs because I hard wired it to find out. My brother replaced it a while back because he thought that it was the problem. He also cut two of the wires that run to the fuel pump and spliced them. He claims that they were bare from rubbing the frame and shorted out. I replaced what he had spliced in with the correct gauge wire and tucked them in their cover to make sure that they can't rub through again. Anyway, because of what he has told me I would guess that the pump was fine all along and that something else, say a fuse, gave out. Anything that you could suggest or tell me would be greatly appreciated. Note: Someone at a local parts store said that it could just have a relay and not a fuse. Is that true? Thanks

F150

Fuel Pump Relay

bluelightnin6

November, 24, 2009 AT 1:35 AM

Check out the fuel pump oil pressure switch, if it fails then fuel pump will not get power. It is found on teh rear of the engine block near the distributor (4.3L, 5.0L & 5.7L) OR on the left side of engine block under the exhaust manifold (7.4L).

Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang