CHEVY TRUCK NOT GETTING FUEL TO FUEL PUMP

1978 Chevrolet Silverado

gb0949

July, 26, 2008 AT 9:40 PM

1978 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

My son has a 78 Chevy pu w/dual tanks. He started having problems shortly after have a new engine put in. The mechanic is a friend and reliable. However, the truck started to bog down when driving, as if it wasn't getting enough gas. He has dropped the tanks, replaced all fuel lines, check pumps (seem to be working), rebuilt carb, replaced electric switch valve ( the one under the truck that switches the gas tanks from one to another). When he does get the gas to the carb he says there are bubbles.

He just graduated and is paying off student loans, has put so much into this truck in the last couple of weeks, so I found your website and hoped you could help. I don't know if you need any other info.

Unfortunately, I am on a limited disability income so I as asking for the free question, but would be happy with any and all suggestions or questions that you may have that I did not address. I understand that my question may not be answered without paying, but as I stated I just don't have it. I just wanted to help my son try to find a solution to his problem. He is so very frustrated and needs his truck to get to work.

I thank anyone in advance for your help.
Health and Blessings
Gabi

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe