Truck battery

MRT20011968
  • CHEVROLET S-10
I have a 2002 shevy s-10 ls with 70,000 miles.I bought thee truck new. After 1 1/2 years my truck had trouble starting. It was still under warranty so I had the mechanics where I bought the truck to take a look at it and they said I had a faulty battery and replaced it.3 years later my truck was having trouble again so I had it checked out and the battery that I had replaced was not only going bad bit it started to leak acid so I changed the battery again but didn't use a factory battery.I got one at an auto parts dealer not the gel battery that the chevy trucks come with. Well 8 months later my truck is starting to have trouble starting again.I tried to tell the mechanics at the dealer that something keeps draining the battery but they said it was a faulty battery which I changed 3 times already. Maybe I bought a lemon I don't know because I am no good with mechanics. Could I please get a little help. If the problem could be solved can I get a rough estimate on how much?Thanks.
Friday, August 17th, 2007 AT 9:41 PM

What! 3 batteries, my friend you need to have the electrical system check for a short circuit- You got an excessive parasitic drain for me anything 30miiliamps calls for some serious concern. What type of an accessories/sound systems do you have?

Do you do a lot of stop and go driving -if so probably the battery don't have time to be recondition by the alternator that's why its going low on you. 12.6 open voltage will crank/start your truck or blazer anytime with a good fuel and ignition system-
Saturday, August 18th, 2007 AT 12:03 AM