Sticking brakes?

GUTTS34
  • CHEVROLET S-10
I have a 1988 s-10 2.8 v-6 4wd with 180.000 miles its been a good one but recently the front drivers side brake was locking up after applying the brakes the only to unstick was to bleed it or let it set for a couple of hours. So I changed brakes, rotors, calipers and master cylinders bled the system properly no air in the lines and the problem was still there the only thing left is the power booster wich is around $150 and the combination valve wich is a dealer item so what do you guys think?
Sunday, August 26th, 2007 AT 1:37 PM

BOOTDOG
Have you replaced the brake hoses? Because it sounds like the left front hose is coming apart on the inside. When you apply on the brakes it acts as a check valve. The fluid goes through the hose one way, but when you release the pedal the fluid is staying trapped in the caliper due to the hose not allowing the fluid to return back to relieve pressure from the caliper.
Monday, August 27th, 2007 AT 8:47 AM