89 S10 BLAZER ROUGH IDLE/STALLS

1989 Chevrolet S-10

deeredude5510

August, 19, 2007 AT 1:32 AM

Engine: 4.3L
Auto Trans, 2WD, mIleage is about 215,000

This rig has a Goddwrench motor in it, not sure of replacement mileage, bought it used. It was at a very low idle and stalling a lot. GM tech scanned and had no codes. Timing is OK, EGR is new, IAC was replaced last night, it still doesnt run right. Now it seems as if a vaccum leak is the problem, but no ideas. When the heater or vent is on the idle deteriorates, but turning AC on bumps idle up to an acceptible level. My next guess. MAP sensor? Any help would be appreciated. Thank You in advance.

Dies On Idle

August, 19, 2007 AT 4:44 AM

Could be sticking throttle shaft or binding linkage that the TPS giving the PCM the curve ball of high voltage. Check the TPS voltage should read at close position 1.2volts.

Also check your battery connection fluctuation of voltages will change the position of the IACV.

deeredude5510

August, 19, 2007 AT 5:58 AM

Thank you for the info. I am about to lose my sanity over this thing. I will check on those tomorrow and see if that helps. If not off to the looney bin.

deeredude5510

August, 19, 2007 AT 10:48 PM

So today I took the throttle body off and the EGR passage was plugged. The gasket was toast and some less than brilliant light buld drilled out the idle plug and messed with it. Soooo.$50.00 and about 6hrs later I think I may have solved the problem. Also, new fuel filter. And then the kicker driving it around the block and asll the " do it yourself" spark plug wired that came with it fell apart. So. I think I fixed it. Time will tell.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right