CHEVY VACUUM LEAK?

2002 Chevrolet S-10

amcleland

November, 25, 2009 AT 9:29 PM

Heater problem
2002 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 152000 miles

My heater/ac selector switch is not actually changing where the air comes out of my dash. At first the switch made a hissing sound which indicated a simple bad switch. I swapped switches with a 1996 S10 I have (same part) and the hissing stopped, but still no switching of airflow. The switch I put in from the 96 worked - I tried it 10 minutes before I pulled it to verify functionality.

When I feel the vacuum plug that actually plugs into the back of the switch, I can feel a vacuum draw on the black hose (if that means anything). However, when I remove the glove box and feel the hose that goes to the vacuum cylinder that controls where air actually is directed, there is no vacuum at that line that I can feel.

I can't see where that line comes from. It isn't straight out of the switch. It comes from behind the ash tray, but I can't see where.

If there was a vacuum diagram for my truck that I could see, that would be great. Or if somebody just knows what the problem might be that would be great too. Thanks.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe