2002 Chevy S-10 Driveshaft

JK00913
  • 2002 CHEVROLET S-10
I have had to get my driveshaft rebuilt 4 times in the last two years and I still have a vibration I do not understand what the problem is. My truck was lowered before I bought it and I am wondering if I have to raise my truck back to factory specs in order to resolve this problem and if I have to do that what would the factory specs be? Plus I am also having a multiple cylinder misfire issue and my spark plugs, wires, distributor, rotar, and cap and ignition module were all recently replaced so I do not know what the issue is. I am also only getting 11 miles to the gallon. If you could please help me out that would be great. Thank you
Tuesday, February 16th, 2010 AT 8:27 AM

RACEFAN966
Ok is this a long bed truck? Does it have a carrier or driveshaft support bearing? Have you had the tires checked for balance? Have you rotated the tires to see if the vibration moves with it?
Now on you multi cyl. Missfire, you have an engine light on? Is it giving code P0300? I would like you to check the cap and rotor first as this disign of cap does have a problem also how old is the fuel filter? Do you have a digital multi meter? Get back to me with what you can and we will go from there.
Tuesday, February 16th, 2010 AT 8:57 AM
JK00913
Yes my truck is a long bed. Yes it has a support bearing with a two piece driveshaft I have had the cv joint in the driveshaft replaced 4 times and it continues to fail on me. I am pretty sure that is the cause to the vibration the tires are brand new and are balanced and aligned. My engine light is on and I have a P0420 and a P0420 with a symbol behind it. And the most recent issue I have is I was driving my truck yesterday and I turned a corner got on the gas and it backfired and spit out a black cloud of smoke and stalled and I have not been able to get it started since then. It seems to me like the timing is off I took of the cap and rotar cleaned them out I replaced the cam shaft sensor and the crank shaft sensor and it still will not start. My timing chain and sprockets all look good. I am getting good spark to the plugs. If you have any ideas on what it could be I would appreciate it
Wednesday, March 24th, 2010 AT 8:44 AM