2000 Chevy S-10 RUNNING ON 3 CYLINDERS

JOHNNYCALLOWAY
  • 2000 CHEVROLET S-10
3000 MILES AGO I CHANGED EVERYTHING EXCEPT ONE OXYGEN SENSOR ON THE EXHAUST RIGHT BY BY THE E. MANIFOLD. I USED E3 PLUGS AND 30.00 WIRES. I CLEANED THE INJECTORS. NOW, AFEW WEEKS AGO IT STARTED MISSING, AND THEN CLEARED UP. THE NEXT DAY, IT STARTED AGAIN. THE SERVICE ENGINE LIGHT STAYS ON, OR FLASHES ON AND OFF. SOMEONE TOLD ME IT WAS PROBABLY THE PLUG WIRES, BUT THEY ARE SO HARD TO GET TO, I WANT TO BE PRETTY DAMN SURE BEFORE I CHANGE THEM. PLEASE, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME. I AM PARTIALLY DISABLED, AND THE TRUCK IS MY LIFELINE. IT RAN GREAT AND IS A TIGHT ENGINE, UNTIL IT STARTED MISSING.
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010 AT 4:06 PM

How do you know it is running on three cylinders? Which cylinder is dead? If you think it is a spark issue, you can use a digital multimeter for inductive reading. Engine running, you touch the plug wires one at a time, all the readings should be close. You don't take the plug wire loose and don't penetrate the insulation, just touch. The test isn't conclusive, but, you don't have to take anything loose.
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010 AT 4:31 PM