1999 Chevy S-10 1999 Chevy S-10 loses power has no accelera

GIRIDEON
  • 1999 CHEVROLET S-10
My Chevy S-10 has no acceleration and limited power. About a week ago, my truck started losing power going up hills. These are grades on freeways, not off road. Now my truck hesitates/ jerks everytime I am accelerating or trying to maintain speed. When I press the gas, it accelerates, but with limited power. Additionally, when I get to 75 mph, I cannot accelerate any faster almost as if the engine doesn't have enough power to accelerate to a higher speed. I recently had the fuel pump replaced. I have also just replaced the fuel filter with no resolve.
Monday, May 4th, 2009 AT 12:40 AM

DAVE131
Your loosing compresion check your head gasket or any sighns of water in your oil?
Sunday, May 10th, 2009 AT 12:01 AM
GIRIDEON
Thank you, I will try to get a compression test done.
Sunday, May 10th, 2009 AT 1:12 AM
MDFRDAVE
How did you resolve this problem? Mine is doing the exact same thing. Already replaced same and the IAC and TPS as well.
Monday, May 18th, 2009 AT 2:38 PM
GIRIDEON
I did a host of things to find out that it was a rather simple fix for me.

There is a tube / hose that goes from my air intake to the top of my engine block. While feeling around the engine for possible bad connections at my spark plugs, I bumped a this tube. For some reason the connection at the engine side had came loose. I pushed in back into place (felt like it snapped/ clicked back into place) and my power came back.

Prior to that I had:

removed my cat conv which assisted a little

I removed my air filter: this helped more than the cat conv. But can't drive around with out filter.

When I put them all back on, the same problem pesisted. Not sure if you use a knn filter, but if you do, you also may have over oiled the filter which could cause a build up on your mass air flow sensor. To clean that I was recommended to use choke/carb cleaner and canned air to remove the residue.

If this fixes your challenge, please let me know.
Monday, May 18th, 2009 AT 3:52 PM