1996 Chevy S-10 Fuel leaking from injector?

• 1 POST
  • 1996 CHEVROLET S-10

1996 Chevy S-10 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 74000 miles

I have a nice, well taken care of 1996 Chevy S-10 pickup. Last week I started smelling fuel and found the second to farthest back injector and the area around it wet with fuel when running. When left to sit, the area becomes dry.

This morning I removed everything necessary to get to the injector. Following instructions in the Haynes Repair manual, I removed the injector. It seemed as if the O-Rings were loose so I replaced them with a new set. While I was in there, I also cleaned the TBI out.

Cleaned all of the other parts with a recommended part cleaner. Used Permatex on the TBI gasket and put everything back together.

It fires up and runs fine, but still leaks. The leak looks to be coming from the wire connector on the injector. Do you think the entire injector may need to be replaced, or is there somewhere else the fuel may be coming from?

If I have to take the TBI off again, will I need a new gasket since Permatex'ed that one?

Saturday, May 10th, 2008 AT 5:08 PM

You will need a new injector and gasket.

Sunday, May 11th, 2008 AT 9:04 AM