1996 Chevy S-10 Chevy S-10 fuel pump problems

YOBRO5242
  • 1996 CHEVROLET S-10
I have a 1996 chevy s10 and since last summer the s10 would randomly stall. I noticed that when it stalls that there is a clicking noise coming from the glove compartment which houses 3 relays. So I replaced all 3 relays and the problem still occurs but the clicking noise is gone. Now the truck starts up and the fuel pump kicks on but the truck only runs for about 10-15 minutes and then shuts off and doesnt start back up for between 20 minutes to sometimes a couple days. Please help me
Saturday, February 27th, 2010 AT 11:22 AM

RICKYMEARS
I am having a similar problem w/ a '96 Isuzu Hombre. My truck will run but then quits. The relays in the glove box are getting overheating and failing is my guess but I don't know the underlying cause. I have replaced my fuel pump and those relays. When ever it dies on me and I attempt to start it right after wards I can't hear the fuel pump cycle. Is your problem like mine? What have you done?

Thanks.
Tuesday, April 13th, 2010 AT 3:52 PM