1995 Chevy S-10 multifunctual signal switch

CLYDE T OTTAWAY
  • 1995 CHEVROLET S-10
Can the male and female push pull plug be replaced indivudally I checked brake switch it's ok what else should I check don't be in a hurry I will be gone for 3days.
Wednesday, June 11th, 2008 AT 5:17 PM

JACK42
What doesnt work? Brake lights? Turn signals? Need to know what plug you are talking about
Thursday, June 12th, 2008 AT 8:11 AM
CLYDE T OTTAWAY
You said to check brake light switch and push pull plug on multifunctual switch I assumed you were talking about the signal switch if not please explain. And any other thing I could check to get my brake lights and signal switch working.
Saturday, June 14th, 2008 AT 3:08 PM
JACK42
I was asking what plug you are talking about. If the fuses are all good and you have no turn signals or brake lights, it is most likely the turn signal switch.
Sunday, June 15th, 2008 AT 8:49 AM
CLYDE T OTTAWAY
Yes but I have replaced the signal switch after I replaced the head I broke the emergency flasher's.I also replaced the wire's to the starter switch. You said to check the push pull plug I assumed that was the plug from the signal switch, if not please explain I am the first to say I am not a qualified mechanic any new ideas are welcome.
Sunday, June 15th, 2008 AT 1:56 PM
JACK42
If you replaced the turn signal switch and all fuses are good, you might need to take it to a qualified tech. Did you throw away th eold switch? If not match up the plug to be sure that all the wires are in the same spots. There is a seperate small wiring set for the multi-function switch, that plugs in down near the turn switch plug
Monday, June 16th, 2008 AT 7:32 AM
CLYDE T OTTAWAY
The only wire I find is the air bag wire where this small wire run from where does it hook in.
Saturday, June 21st, 2008 AT 2:44 PM
JACK42
All SRS (air bag) connectors shpould be yellow. Look fo the yellow connector under the dash
Sunday, June 22nd, 2008 AT 7:42 AM
CLYDE T OTTAWAY
Is the air bag connector the only small connector other tha the plug on the signal switch push pull plug I do not have cruise control.
Sunday, June 22nd, 2008 AT 11:18 AM
JACK42
The multi-function lever has its own wiring if I remember correctly, doesnt show up like that in wiring diagrams
Monday, June 23rd, 2008 AT 7:18 AM
BPOTTER0624@YAHOO.COM
Jack,

Any chance you have the wiring diagram for the multifunction switch? I've looked in chiltons, haynes, etc and none of those have the diagram for the multifunction switch. I've got a 95 s-10 that originally had a 2.2 4cyl with a 5spd manual. I'd appreciate any help,

Bryan
Saturday, July 5th, 2008 AT 3:49 PM
CLYDE T OTTAWAY
Sorry I don't have the wireing diagram for a multi functional switch I can't find one myself I have a book but no diagram. My book is haynes.
Saturday, July 5th, 2008 AT 5:59 PM
BPOTTER0624@YAHOO.COM
Yeah, I have looked in Haynes and Chiltons both and neither had a wiring diagram for the multifunction switch. Thanks though. I'm hoping one of the moderators will have something
Saturday, July 5th, 2008 AT 7:44 PM