1994 Chevy S-10 Had high idle, now barely runs

LOWX2
  • 1994 CHEVROLET S-10
1994 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

i did a motor swap on my 94 s10 blazer. After completion, it had a high idle, around 1200 rpms. I drove it till the battery died from trying to start it. When I first put the battery in, it fired right up. As the week past, it wanted to turn the motor less and less, til it died altogether. Recharged the battery, it did the same thing. I am at a loss right now. Anything you could tell me so I can get this truck back in good working order would be greatfully appreciated.
Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 11:14 AM

LOWX2
Cont>. Also there was a ground wire of some sort that came from the back of the motor and went somewhere. On the donor motor and the original motor, the end that went somewhere were both missing the ring terminal. It was just the wire atteched to the motor.
Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 11:22 AM
Was the donor vehicle the same year--make --model and engine size? Sometimes you have to get the computer from the donor vehicle, if there is any difference. Any applicable mil codes. Can you communicate with the computer. You can check spark at the plugs and fuel pressure, if vehicle is hard to start.

Then, attach the wire to the chassis, if ground.
Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 11:25 AM
LOWX2
The donor motor was the same block, I think from a 92. All the plugs went to the same place, except on top of the a. C, which I removed altogether. As far as computer from the donor blazer, the truck was smashed after the motor was pulled.
Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 11:30 AM
You should be able to check mil codes? You use a jumper wire between the A & B terminals at the datalink connector, turn the key just till the dash lites come on, no further. The mil starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. If no communication with computer, not sure what to tell you?
Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 11:39 AM
LOWX2
No codes. It did shoot a code when I first fired it up, but from the battery dieing, I am sure it was lost.
Could the ground wire not being hooked up cause these kinds of problems? It is the bare wire the goes from the back of the motor to I have no clue where.
Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 12:12 PM
Yes, it could. You should at least get a code 12?
Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 12:18 PM
LOWX2
Ok. No codes other than 12. Where might this wire go to? I found nothing of it in my haynes manual.
Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 12:21 PM
If it is on the back of engine, may just attach to the firewall?
Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 12:43 PM
LOWX2
I hooked up a wire from the block to the firewall. I will post a reply later as to how I made out.
Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 1:09 PM
LOWX2
Jump started the blazer, same issues. Took the battery to get charged.
Tuesday, October 12th, 2010 AT 1:54 PM