1992 BLAZER S-10 DASH ELEC PROBLEM- TEMP GAUGE NOT WORKING

• Jgw2205
  • 1992 CHEVROLET S-10

Engine Electrical Problem
1992 Chevy S-10 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 78000 miles

Hi, my '92 S10 Blazer has a digital dash in it. The temp gauge always reads max temp with the warning indicator flashing. Very rarely it used to sometimes register as low as possible, but it doesnt do that anymore, always at max temp now, even after sitting all night and just putting the key in the 'on' position.

The CTS connector looks good. I get 5volts/250ohms across it with the engine running, 0volts/750ohms with the engine off(approx)
CTS itself I get 500ohms when cold, drops to around 200ohms when warm/hot.

Also, when I check resistance across the CTS connector itself, the engine revs as I move my multimeter around to different ohm ranges, higher ohm range races engine higher, i'm guessing its the voltage the meter is putting out?

All in all, no matter what I do the temp guage never indicates less than max temp. Car runs fine, I just want to get the guage working before I make a cross country trip to New Mexico next week:)

Saturday, August 1st, 2009 AT 6:22 AM

Other Instrument Cluster Gauge Engine Temperature Not Working Questions