CHEVY TRACKER BELT SQUEEL??

Chevrolet

raindroplet

June, 2, 2007 AT 10:53 AM

Actually it is a 1996 GEO Tracker but your list of Makes/Models did not include GEO
Here are the stats on my vehicle:
1996 Geo Tracker Lsi 4 door
141,000 Miles
Automatic

May 2006 all belts were replaced including the serpentine and belt tensioner. Approximately Nov/2006 the vehicle started a squeelling sound. Took the vehicle back to the mechanic and all belts were tight and he lubed the belts. That did not resolve the problem. I have taken the vehicle back 3 times and have had other mechanically inclined people inspect the problem with the same conclusion resulting in lubing the belts. The vehicle squeels upon starting and continues for a few miles then stops. It does not seem to matter how warm or cold it is outside but instead how long the car has not been running. If I am running errands and start/stop the engine it will not squeel upon starting again but it will squeel if it has been sitting several hours. Need some advice to resolve this pesky problem. Could it be another issue other than the belts?

Changing Drive Belt

e40water12

June, 11, 2007 AT 1:02 AM

Could be, That alum, Pulley wheel could have uneven wear on it, Also then the belt will squeek on certain spots, New pulley could correct it.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue