2002 Chevy Monte Carlo Where do I begin?

GAYLE
  • 2002 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO
The problem began (so I thought) with my door locks not working. Within 2 days my battery was dead. Replaced 2 more batteries in the next few weeks. Then lights started flashing (interior and exterior) and the voltage meter on the dash was freaking out (high and low wildly). Mechanic replaced the alternator. Vehicle ran OK for 3 days and then original issues returned (bad battery, lights flashing, fuses blown, etc.). Brought to dealer who replaced the body control module. Ran for 1 day and towed back to dealer who then replaced the mass air control sensor. Ran for 1 more day and the battery is dead again! I told the mechanic originally that it appears to be a voltage issue. HELP!

I cannot afford to donate $$ to get an answer as I already spent this month's mortgage money on trying to get this car fixed ! I am broke!
Friday, October 24th, 2008 AT 8:59 PM

DOCFIXIT
What maybe happening is a circuit remains hot when key is off. Draining batt, the power door lock circuit be good place to start also the blown fuse is it the door lock? If so that could be the problem.
What you need done is a simple battery drain test to I.D. The circuit and repair. Although simple many Techs are unable to preform ask if they can before you take car in. And look for an A.S.E. Certified shop
Saturday, October 25th, 2008 AT 11:16 AM