CHEVY BRAKE LIGHT

2006 Chevrolet Malibu

Tressie Hayter

July, 20, 2008 AT 11:15 PM

Brakes problem
2006 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 87200 miles

Hi I was wondering what is wrong with my car I have took it to a lot of places and they all say nothing is wrong. My brake light stay on when i'm driving. They keep telling me not to drive with two feet but I dont drive with two feet. They are on all the time when I tap the drake it goes off for a second then its back on. So I dont know whta to do please help.

mhpautos

July, 21, 2008 AT 5:13 AM

Hi there,

I would be replacing the brake light switch which is mounted on the top of the brake pedal under the dash.

postwick

August, 16, 2008 AT 3:55 PM

I have the same problem but I see no switch at the top of the brake pedal. There is only a round white switch to the left of the brake pedal lever, that is turned by a metal rod that sticks about 6 inches off the left side of the brake pedal lever.

chall52

October, 12, 2008 AT 7:21 PM

Yes that is your brake switch. I've replaced mine and it did not fix it.

If you found a fix please let me know, if not keep an eye on my post. As soon as I find the fix I will let everyone know.

Chris (chall52)
chall52@sbcglobal. Net

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML