2004 Chevy Malibu Can't get car to start

CHYBUGGS
  • 2004 CHEVROLET MALIBU
2004 Chevy Malibu 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

Hi, I have an 04 classic and the car tries to start will kick over and soon as it engages it dies. We have not had problems with this other then the normal. I was told it was possibly the fuel pump. It does have pressure in the line but was told it might not be enough pressure. How can I check this to know for sure if its the pump.
Wednesday, March 24th, 2010 AT 1:42 PM

What type security system? When it fails to start, is the security lite on the dask, on or flashing? One some models, a start and stall, might point to a problem with the security system.

Don't wonder about the fuel pressure, use a gage and check pressure. Some of the national brand autostores used to loan out a fuel pressure gage, if you don't have one. You can call and ask.
Wednesday, March 24th, 2010 AT 2:24 PM
CHYBUGGS
The cars security system is factory. Its the Passlock system. My battery is dead I will charge it then try the 10 minute reset to see if that works. We went out of town and car was fine sat for a few hours at a concert came out and car wouldnt start. It does turn over but immediaty dies. I did not know about the reset I did research and will try it. If that doesn, t work any sugestions would be helpfull. Thanks
Wednesday, March 24th, 2010 AT 5:54 PM