2002 Chevy Malibu My 2002 Malibu won't start for nothing!

SNOWLEOPARD1212
  • 2002 CHEVROLET MALIBU
Please help me! My car hasn't started for weeks! I have checked the fuel pump over, changed the fuel filter, checked the PSI on the fuel line at the motor and it reads 59. (52-59 required) And it doesn't fall fast. The fuel regulator seems to be clean and fine. I have also checked the spark plugs and wires, and the coil pack. Everything is fine so far. I even can hear my fuel pump turning on. I even hooked two different code scanners up to it and both came back with no codes. I don't know what to do.I don't know if this has anything to do with it but the battery on the car completely died, I changed the battery to a fully charged one. Also, there is a viper 771 XV car alarm/starter on there. The installer says it has nothing to do with it but there is also an anti-theft security system on the car itself. I was able to get the car to start only by spraying carb cleaner in the air intake, it ran as long as I sprayed it. As crazy as it sounds the engine tried to start the hardest when I held the brake down. Some say that has nothing to do with it. I really don't know what to do now, I have tried everything! Please please help me! I have a 4 year old and I can't be stranded anymore! THANK YOU for any advice.
Tuesday, February 19th, 2008 AT 5:14 PM

MASTERTECHTIM
Turn the key to start and leave the key on. Tell me if the theft light flashes continuously.
+1
Tuesday, February 19th, 2008 AT 6:09 PM
SNOWLEOPARD1212
I tried that and YES the anti theft light flashed constantly. I turned the key on and all the dash lights came on and then went off except the anti theft light it just blinked. I called the dealer and they told me to take the alarm out. It was professionally installed.
+1
Wednesday, February 20th, 2008 AT 9:59 AM
MASTERTECHTIM
The aftermarket alarm you had installed is probably not the problem. The problem I find usually is from the factory alarm. This is how to get it started. Make sure battery is charged. Crank engine then leave the key in the on position and watch the theft light. In about ten minutes the light will stop flashing then go out. When it goes out, turn the key off then attempt to start the car, it should start. Your problem is usually the ignition switch or the ignition cylinder. This procedure is a temporary fix, it might last for a month or a week. Let me know how you make out.
Wednesday, February 20th, 2008 AT 11:28 AM
SNOWLEOPARD1212
I LEFT THE KEY SIT IN THERE FOR 10 MINUTES AND TRIED TO START IT. IT WORKED! I AM SOO HAPPY, THANK YOU. I CALLED THE INSTALLER OF THE STARTER/ALARM AND THEY TOLD ME TO BRING IT IN THERE TOMORROW TO GET THE PASS LOCK MODUAL REPROGRAMED AND THAT I AM NOT TO USE THE REMOTE STARTER UNTIL THEY LOOK AT IT. HE SAID THAT THE ALARM PUT THE ENGINE IN A BYPASS MODE SO IT WOULDN'T LET THE ENGINE FIRE ALL THE WAY. I AM SOO HAPPY MY CAR RUNS AGAIN. THANK YOU SO MUCH! BY THE WAY THE INSTALLER SAID THIS IS A VERY COMMON PROBLEM IN NEWER GM AND PONTIACS WITH AFTERMARKET ALARMS NO MATTER WHAT BRAND.
Wednesday, February 20th, 2008 AT 9:08 PM