2001 Chevy Malibu wont start

DANPERAGINE@GMAIL.COM
  • 2001 CHEVROLET MALIBU
2001 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I have been trying to start this car for months, the engines getting spark, getting fuel cranks free, just wont start. The theift system was checked and its not flashing. Sounds like a timing problem spray starting fluid in the air cleaner and back fires could the camshaft sensor be bad and how can I test it
Monday, February 15th, 2010 AT 6:44 PM

BASSTECH
The best way to check a cam sensor is with a diagnostic tool so you can see what's it's doing while your cranking it. It is also possible that the ignition module is defective. Even though your getting spark it could be sparking at the incorrect time. Can you do a compression test on a few of the front cylinders to see if the timing chain is ok?
Tuesday, February 16th, 2010 AT 4:30 PM
DANPERAGINE@GMAIL.COM
I have comperssion in all cylinders and how do I check the ignition module. However when the car overheated just before the rebulld all the dash lights came on and then keept driving then all the lights went off if this has any signifiacnts
Sunday, April 18th, 2010 AT 8:12 AM
BASSTECH
If you have spark, fuel, and compression. Then you either have to little or to much of one of them.
Not sure what you meant by all the lights came on then went off.
You said that it overheated before the rebuild.
Did you rebuild it, or did someone else do it? And how much of it did you rebuild?
Did you just do the head gaskets or did you drop the crankshaft and remove the pistons too?
See if you can get a vacuum gauge on there and see what the cranking vacuum is.
Tuesday, April 20th, 2010 AT 4:42 PM