Idel hesitation

PZ0V8S
  • CHEVROLET LUMINA
I have a 1999 chevy lumina with 130,000 miles. For the last three winters the engin miss fires. I have replaced plugs, wires, filters, I have also had the injectors cleaned in each of the first two winters, helps for about 2 weeks, I travel 175 miles a day. This past january it started acting up again runs fine in cruise controll untill you hit a hill and starts hesitating
and when exiting freeway. Did nothing this year. Problems went away. If the car had a distributer cap I would think it was cracked. Only has problem in winter when weather is real moist, runs fine all summer?
Friday, March 23rd, 2007 AT 12:47 PM

Sorry for the late reply.

As far as idle issues, I'd clean the throttle body, then check and clean the idle air system. Also, check the throttle position sensor.

I seen vehicles/automatic where going up hill, it would start acting up. The vehicle tranny would be in overdrive, I'd shift down into drive and the problem would go away. I can't tell if your tranny has an OD problem?
Friday, March 20th, 2015 AT 12:51 PM