VEHICLE VIBRATION ON COLD START FOR APPROXIMATELY 20 MINUTES

• tectalbeak
  • 1920 Chevrolet Impala

Hello, I am an owner of a C320. This car has a strong vibration especially felt in the steering wheel when I begin driving it each morning. I noticed that the colder the weather is, the stronger the vibration is that is felt. However, after about 15 to 20 minutes of driving, this vibration disappears, and will not reappear until the vehicle has been turned off for a few hours. I took the vehicle to my dealer, and they just explained that the car rides so smooth, it may feel like a vibration. I guess they didnt have a better explanation for the problem. I proceded to get an alignment and I even balanced my tires, however the problem still persists. It sounds like a suspension problem, however, I am not sure, and I really dont know why after 15 minutes of driving, the vibration fades away. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what this problem may be? Thank you.

Tuesday, January 10th, 2006 AT 9:03 AM

• dodge89

Sounds like the ball joints. Is it felt when you steer it.

Saturday, January 14th, 2006 AT 9:18 PM
  • tectalbeak

No, there is no difference in the vibration when steering the vehicle. However, what I also failed to mention, is that when I drive the vehicle between 50 to 60 miles an hour, the entire car vibrates, regardless of a cold start or not. I did a little research, and it seems other owners have similar problems, but they dont mention whether they solved the problem.

Sunday, January 15th, 2006 AT 12:25 AM