There is something that is constantly drawing power from my battery and I dont know how to find it. I have an 89' berertta gt. Someone please help.
have the same problem?
Wednesday, January 4th, 2006 AT 6:12 PM
Check all wiring I had some mice eat threw the casing on my wireing and also jest normal whair will ruin the casing if it shorts out on another wire or the frame it will kill the battery
Thursday, January 5th, 2006 AT 10:08 AM
Get one of those lights that tells you there is a current, they look like a screwdriver with a short wire and an alligator clip. Disconnect the positive battery connection and put the light between the battery and the cable. If there is a draw, the light will come on. Now, go to the fuse box and take out the fuses, one at a time, until the light goes off. There will always be a current for the radio and the clock, but you will notice the brightness of the light change with that small of a current draw.
Once you discover the problem, you can act accordingly. My bet is the small switch on the door that turns on the overhead lights is bad.