No heat while driving

WYORK
  • CHEVROLET IMPALA
:( 2001 chrysler town & country, no heat while driving. But if you stop
and park vehicle while running, temp gage goes to normal and I have blowing heat. Once you start driving temp gage goes to cold and then start blowing cold air. Again, if van is parked and running temp gage is normal until you start driving. HELP PLEASE!
Sunday, January 8th, 2006 AT 4:25 PM

TWCOLLIN
I signed on to postv the exact same question on my 2000 Grand Caravan ES. Same thing - driving - no heat and parked the temp. Gage goes up and heat. My check engine light is on in yellow mode.
Sunday, January 8th, 2006 AT 9:58 PM
WYORK
I dont have the check engine light on yet.
If put your key in the ignition, turn it three times quickly, it will register the code in the instrument panel. Once you have the code it's a matter of finding what the code means, and you can find that from this site as well or if you have an auto zone near you you can take your vehicle there and the will put it on their machine and diagnose it for you, but your check engine light has to be on when they check it. Good luck and post back!
Sunday, January 8th, 2006 AT 10:58 PM
PALCO
Ok where are you two, what reigon. How is your anti freeze ratio. If its less than 50% or more than 60% and its real cold. Air temp and speed does have a affect on the radiator. You see the big rigs with the winter fronts on for a reason. To keep the heat. Good luck
Sunday, January 8th, 2006 AT 11:22 PM
BACKHAWK
When I had this problem with my Caravan it was do to low antifreez/water in the radiator. Therefore there was not enough to push through the heater core properly.
I was down about a 1/4, of course the cause of that was a slow leak at the water pump. No puddles were ever seen, just water loss.
This probably doesn't help, but I thought I'd share anyway
Sunday, January 22nd, 2006 AT 12:58 AM
WYORK
Ok, my problem here was the thermostat. After removing the thermostat housing the thermastat was broken into 4 pieces, replaced with new one and heat is working fine. Thanks for everyones input. :P
Friday, February 17th, 2006 AT 4:38 PM