MY TRUCK DIED WHILE I WAS DRIVING NOW WONT START

• Smokeeater72595
  • Chevrolet Impala

99 GMC Sierra 1500, V6 4.3 L 104,000 miles, While on my way to work, I got off the freeway and my truck just died I had my foot on the gas, and after it died as I was coasting I pumped the gas becasue it hadnt yet clicked on what happened, all of a sudden the truck fired back up and then made a loud popping noise and completely shut off, I had it towed to my house and I have ruled out the fuel pump, I know its not that, When I turn the key over it cranks but will not fire, the belt turns, I just replaced the water pump last summer and have put about 20,000 miles on it since then, any suggestions on what might be wrong, I thought maybe the timing chain, but Im not quiet sure, also is there an easier way to replace the timing chain than taking everything apart and looking at it.I was going to do a diagnostics check but cant find out if my truck is the older model where you read it all off of the check engine light, or if you have to hook it up to a computer

Wednesday, January 4th, 2006 AT 4:34 PM

• s_law

Get your ignition module checked I had the exact same thing happen to me

Friday, January 6th, 2006 AT 11:51 AM
  • Smokeeater72595

Do You think there is a chance it could just be a bad battery?

Friday, January 6th, 2006 AT 7:08 PM