2004 Chevy Impala car stalls after a few minnutes

GRMOLL
  • 2004 CHEVROLET IMPALA
Car starts most of the time cold, then stalls after a few minutes. I have replaced the fuel pump & fuel regulator, bot the problem still is there. It starts to run really bad just before stalling & I noticed that the exhaust is red hot just after the CAT.
Monday, August 30th, 2010 AT 5:04 PM

LEGITIMATE007
Hi, thanks for the doantion, I would have the cat looked at, it sounds like its gone bad and needs a replacedment. Is there a check engine light on?
Monday, August 30th, 2010 AT 9:07 PM
LEGITIMATE007
Can you smell fuel?
Monday, August 30th, 2010 AT 9:08 PM
GRMOLL
There is no engine light on, I plugged a scanner into it and it said there were no codes, the live feedback while it was running said everything was ok. I can smell fuel and see black smoke out the tail pipe when I rev it, the fuel pressure is 44- 50 psi. I took off the cat but cannot look into it because of the curves in the pipe, the rear o2 sensor is white, the front o2 sensor in the exhaust manifold is black with suit. The car seems to be running rich and I suspected that was why the pipe on the rear of the cat got red hot, if the cat was plugged would the back pipe get hot? Could I have a bad o2 sensor w out a service light? When I had the cat off I tapped it on the ground and only got a little bit of gray powder.
Tuesday, August 31st, 2010 AT 3:56 PM
LEGITIMATE007
Well according to what your saying fuel is dumping into the system and unburned, I suspect a leaking injector or injectors.
Tuesday, August 31st, 2010 AT 7:46 PM
GRMOLL
I have checked all the injectors with a ohm meter, they are all about 14.5-14.7 ohms, how do you know if they leak?
-1
Tuesday, August 31st, 2010 AT 9:14 PM
GRMOLL
I took out all spark plugs, which are fairly new, and every one of them were black and wet with fuel, could plugged exhaust do this or is something telling the engine to run too rich?
Wednesday, September 1st, 2010 AT 4:36 PM