Body Control Module Location

ORAN0007
  • 2004 CHEVROLET IMPALA

Electrical problem 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

My 2004 Impala will not start. I have replaced the starter and starter relay. I have found references to bad terminals on the body control module. I cannot find this part in my repair manual. Where is it located on the car? Also, is it something I should try to check myself, or should I take it to a mechanic? When I turn the key, there is no cranking, even with a brand new starter. I read that sometimes the terminals on the BCM corrode, and can cause this.

I don't need to check for fuel or spark until I can get it to crank right? Hopefully I will be able to fix it this weekend.

Thursday, November 6th, 2008 AT 4:59 PM

2CARPROS KEN

Your BCM is located on the left hand side of the steering column.

If you want to replace the BCM, you will have to have the new BCM programmed at a chevy dealer. You can't do it yourself. Once it is programmed though it's only a matter of swapping the BCM.
However, before you spend money on that, make sure your problem is not elsewhere.

Does your car crank or is it silent when you turn the key?
Is your security light on?
If your car cranks, have you checked for sparks and fuel?

Here is a guide that can help you

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Before you can check for a fuel or spark related issue you first need the car to crank.
I forgot to ask, but you checked your battery to make sure it was good and the cables were clean and tight right?

If you replace the starter and starter solenoid, but the car still doesn't crank at all, I'm thinking your problem is either a bad ignition switch, park safety switch, or brake pedal safety switch.

Check for voltage at the solenoid; if you get 0, suspect one of the problem mentioned above.

Please run some tests and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Best, Ken

+1
Friday, March 31st, 2017 AT 2:36 PM
  • 2008 CHEVROLET IMPALA

WHERE IS THE BODY CONTROL MODULE LOCATED

+2
Friday, March 31st, 2017 AT 2:40 PM (Merged)
ASEMASTER6371

Under the dash just to the left of the steering column.

+3
JMDALLAS22@BELLSOUTH.NET
  • 2003 CHEVROLET IMPALA

2003 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

where is the body control module located

Friday, March 31st, 2017 AT 2:41 PM (Merged)
RICHZOMBIE

If you want to know where it is located it is mounted on the drivers side kick panel. It is a box with three harnesses attached to it. If replaced, it must be done by a dealer since the module needs to be programmed for your vehicle. You cannot swap out a module for a used one since the VINs must match.

-1