2002 Chevy Impala Engine dies and comes back on while drivi

MARTELG1001
  • 2002 CHEVROLET IMPALA
My 2002 Impala will intermitently die and turn back on while driving. It seems like the entire electrical system shuts off. The message board then begins to give us every error message in the book. We have taken it into the dealership and they said that they couldn't diagnose the problem. We did have a recall on a part that was connected with engine compartment fire, we had that replaced and ever since then we have had this problem.
Monday, March 8th, 2010 AT 3:50 PM

ELLEN H
I have the same problem on my 2002 Impala. The dash lights all flash for a second. No engine shut off, just the lights and the RPM goes down and up. Just a split second. I don't think I would notice it if the lights didn't all flash. Started about 5 years ago. Mine happens when driving in warmer (over 70degree) weather only at highway speeds. Dealer can't help either.
Wednesday, May 12th, 2010 AT 4:29 PM