2002 CHEVY IMPALA ABS AND TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM

• vegterrl03
  • 2002 Chevrolet Impala

Brakes problem
2002 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 92000 miles

Hi, lately when I've been driving my 2002 chevy impala LS car (IN THE SPRING WITH NOW SNOW) my ABS system will kick in randomly and when I accelerate, the car makes a vibrating noise. This also happens randomly when I brake, the brakes will vibrate like I'm slipping on ice. I am not accelerating fast or braking fast. Do you have any idea what the problem could be and what the cost is in general to fix something like that. (The ABS light is not on. However when I accelerate and keep accelerating through the vibrating noise, the ABS light does come on sometimes. Also, when the ABS light comes on, it also says " Service Traction Control System" in the Message Center. But when I restart the car, both turn off. Thanks!

Thursday, May 28th, 2009 AT 4:59 PM

• rhall77

Stop and have it scanned for trouble codes. It could be a bad sensor. Let me know what you find and ill see what I can do to help you out.

Friday, May 29th, 2009 AT 8:30 AM