CHEVY ABS AND TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM

2002 Chevrolet Impala

vegterrl03

May, 28, 2009 AT 4:59 PM

Brakes problem
2002 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 92000 miles

Hi, lately when I've been driving my 2002 chevy impala LS car (IN THE SPRING WITH NOW SNOW) my ABS system will kick in randomly and when I accelerate, the car makes a vibrating noise. This also happens randomly when I brake, the brakes will vibrate like I'm slipping on ice. I am not accelerating fast or braking fast. Do you have any idea what the problem could be and what the cost is in general to fix something like that. (The ABS light is not on. However when I accelerate and keep accelerating through the vibrating noise, the ABS light does come on sometimes. Also, when the ABS light comes on, it also says " Service Traction Control System" in the Message Center. But when I restart the car, both turn off. Thanks!

rhall77

May, 29, 2009 AT 8:30 AM

Stop and have it scanned for trouble codes. It could be a bad sensor. Let me know what you find and ill see what I can do to help you out.

Wonder How Traction Control Works?
ABS Computer Replacement