2001 Chevy Impala won't start

DAWGETTE
  • 2001 CHEVROLET IMPALA
My 2001 Chevy Impala (118000 miles; V8)won't crank either. The radio and lights etc work, but it won't start. If you let it sit for about 30 minutes, it starts. We've taken it to our mechanic, but of course it won't do it for him. We put about $1200 towards repairs, but so far nothing's worked. Have you found a solution to your problem? Another blog said that it may be a "faulty computer ground wire" -- I guess we'll try it next
Also I was driving the other day and the car just cut off. The radio, lights, etc worked, but the car stopped. It cranked right back up, after I forced it to the side of the road. I hope it's not falling apart
Wednesday, July 25th, 2007 AT 9:08 PM

JASES10
I have the same problem with my 2001 impala. It wou't start in cold weather and dies whiile I drive down the road. I took it to the dealer and am getting ready to get it back. They said the Crank Shaft Position Sensor was bad, as well as the serpetine belt was cracked -not that the belt would affect it though. Hopefully this is the answer so many impala owners need. I will give update. Thanks, Jason
Thursday, November 29th, 2007 AT 3:53 PM