CHEVY RADIO PROBLEM....

2001 Chevrolet Impala

TampaBlack

January, 8, 2009 AT 9:53 AM

2001 Chevy Impala 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 60007 miles

My radio was working fine, then one day the sound was fading on & off.(Like on 15 sec then off 10sec) then it just quit & nomore sound. The radio lights are on & everything seems to work fine, just no sound is coming out. I didn't spill anything on anything & checked the speaker wires all seemed to be fine. I saw a stock amp in the trunk between the 2 back speakers. Could it need a new amp or is their an amp built in to the stock radio which might have blown. Basic question is what do I need to do? Buy a new radio or amp or both or could it be something else?
Tyvm for help, pls email me at TTOWN211@AOL. COM

kevin12881

? You got me. Check your fuses

Nasute

May, 3, 2009 AT 12:31 AM

Have the same problem. Not the fuses. From what I understand, it is either the amp, radio or ground wire.

Tommy63

May, 10, 2009 AT 10:50 PM

The amp between the rear speakers is powered up by the two orange wires in the blue plug. Check for voltage there first. Common problem is that the factory splice gets corroded and loses connection. The connection is by the right rear door sill under the carpet at the pillar. See the photo of my vehicle.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/354493_DSC02101_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/354493_DSC02102_1.jpg

Nasute

May, 12, 2009 AT 1:33 AM

Life saver. I will check it out tomorrow

Nasute

May, 14, 2009 AT 3:05 PM

I had a problem water leaking into my passenger side floors. When I pulled up the carpet there was a lot of water retained under there. Could the water be the cause of the wires not properly working? And can drying it out eventually lead to working wires or am I screwed?

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon