2000 Chevy Impala power windows

PARIS64
  • 2000 CHEVROLET IMPALA
I have replaced my window switch because drivers side wouldn't work. That fixed it for about 2 mos, now none of my windows will roll down. The window icon on the other window switches lights up but not on the master switch also sometimes it will make a buzzing noise only when pushing the drivers side switch. Tried a new switch & the exact same thing happened.
Thursday, February 18th, 2010 AT 3:02 PM

BASSTECH
You could have a few things being the problem. First of all there is a circut breaker called "retained acc. Power" in the L/H fuse box, check that, or swap it with another one to see if that's the issue. You may also have a broken wire in the body to L/F door harness. ( The harness that connects to the door)
I will need to know if this is a 2 or 4 door. And do you have access to a 12 volt test light?
Friday, February 19th, 2010 AT 9:03 AM
RICOWAYNE
This is to basstech.I have the same issue as the above poster. If I replace the circuit breaker, the windows will work for a while. Sometimes when the windows stops working, I can get the to operate again by opening the door and pushing the window button. Eventually though, the will no longer work and I will get the buzzing noise.
Also. If I pull the switch to manually turn the headlights on or off, the buzzing noise disappears. This is a very confusing problem, any help would be appreciated
Saturday, March 20th, 2010 AT 3:59 PM
BASSTECH
It still sounds like you may also have a wiring issue in the door harness. The reason that the light switch changes things may be because there is wiring in the door harness that goes to the window switch to light it up when the headlamps are on.

Check the wiring inside the harness and see if any wires are broken.
Saturday, March 20th, 2010 AT 9:16 PM