2000 Chevy Impala Electrical Problem with Cruise Control an

RAYBEATZ
  • 2000 CHEVROLET IMPALA
Randomly at no warning, my cruise control and ac/heater will not work. They both go out at the same time. When one is not working, the other is not working. So, when ac/heater is working, then the cruise control is working. Also, I can see the lights on the ac/heater go dim when it is not working. I'm not sure what that could be. Also, my heat does not get hot at all. It may get luke warm at best if it does manage to even turn on.
Monday, February 2nd, 2009 AT 7:22 AM

DOCFIXIT
Hi
This is a strange one but lets see what we can do.
O.K. Things in common both work off same fuse and are controled inpart by PCM. Check fuse to see if it fits tight into terminal. Has a light on dash or A/C controler come on. Also is this dual climate control?
Let me know
Thanks for donate
+1
Monday, February 2nd, 2009 AT 9:12 AM
RAYBEATZ
Dual Climate control? I dont think so. Fuses are tight. No lights in my dash have lit up. The Light on the A/C / Heat is almost always on regardless of it working or not. When It is working, it is much brighter. Sometimes there is no light at all, but that is somewhat a rare occurrence. Also, I can't cut my lights off at all. In other words, my headlights and rear lights are at full blast day or night in the off position.
-2
Monday, February 2nd, 2009 AT 12:42 PM
DOCFIXIT
Headlights was a good clue all these components share a common ground. Check ground on left side dash on the left side of brake pedal bracket.
Monday, February 2nd, 2009 AT 3:10 PM
RAYBEATZ
When You say check the ground, do you mean a special bracket or do you mean a a few wires attached to a screw that is attached to the car's body? And it figures that the lights, cruise and ac/heat are working the away they are supposed to now. Its intermittent.
Monday, February 2nd, 2009 AT 3:36 PM
DOCFIXIT
Yes wires attached to brake pedal bracket. The ground in a car is the body if it gets high resistence all types of weird stuff can happen. Make sure all connections are clean and tight.
-1
Monday, February 2nd, 2009 AT 3:42 PM