CHEVY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON

2006 Chevrolet Express

carpetguy1965

2006 Chevy Express V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 26500 miles

MY 2006 CHEVY VAN CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AND VA STARTED RUNNING WITH LITTLE TO NO POWER. HAD IT SCANNED AND IT HAD 5 MISFIRE CODES. THEY REPLACED WIRES AND PLUGS. IT THEN RAN FOR 2 MINUTES AND STARTED SKIPPINGFLASHED O2 SENSOR CODE AND THE ALL GUAGES WENT DEAD AND CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ABS LIGHT CAME ON AND THEN SCANNER SAID COMPUTER LOST CONNECTION. THEY SHUT VAN OFF RESTARTED IT AND IT STILL RUNS WITH NO POWER. IT RUNS LIKE CONVERTORS ARE PLUGGED. THEY HAVE (GM DEALER) CHECK EVERTHING EMISIONS RELATED ANDCANT SEEMTO FIND THE PROBLEM. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT THIS IS MY WOK VAN AND I HAVE NOT WORKED FOR 3 DAYS GOING ON 4

hmac300

February, 11, 2010 AT 8:02 PM

Auto parts stores are good for parts, not fixing vehicles. They go by hat the scanner tells them and nothing more. Multiple misfires can be anything from sparkplugs, wires, injectors or a plugged fuel filter or low pressure. Take it to a pro, you lost 4 days of work and that has to cost you morethan what a mechanic would charge to fix it. This shoul be still under warranty anyhow if you bought this new and if it is and the dealer can't fix it I a day he gives you a loaner or rental.