NO SPARK

Chevrolet Corvette

enaire

August, 6, 2007 AT 12:04 AM

1995 Corvette:
150,000 miles
350 LT1, Manual 6 speed.
Please could someone help. The car won't start. There are no sparks coming from any spark plug wires. I also checked for spark from the ignition coil. But around 11volts are present at the input of the ignition module when the ignition key is turned " on".
I have replaced both the ignition module and ignition coil with no help. The resistance of the ignition coil wire is around 3.3k ohm which is under the specified limit of 5Kohm. The ignition coil module ground circuit is good. The wire coming from the Ignition coil module to the PCM is good. The only thing that is left that I know of to replace is the PCM itself. A abd PCM maybe? And also what I have not satisfactorily done is retreive the trouble codes. It has a 16 pin diagnostic connector which is for OBD-11. But my OBD-11 code reader is only good for 1996 and above vehicles. I tried it anyway and it gave an " error" when I pressed the " read" button.
Sorry it turned out to be a two parts question. How do I retrieve the codes without a reader. I'm hoping any of the codes will tell me why it is not starting.

Thanks in advance.
Enaire

August, 6, 2007 AT 3:01 AM

Find/Inspect/Test the crankshaft position sensor-also the voltage reference on the connector.

Resistance check close to 1kohms -its okay.

enaire

August, 7, 2007 AT 11:44 PM

1995 corvette

Hi rasmataz,

Thanks for a quick reply. I did what you said. I ohmed the position sensor and it is okay, but I replaced it anyway and I'm still getting no spark. Any other suggestion?

Thanks,
Enaire : cry:

August, 8, 2007 AT 12:44 AM

You have replaced coil/ICM/CPS dunno if it has a camshaft sensor-if it does check that too, if not could be coming from the computer

BTW did you check for the ref. Voltage at the connector on the CPS

GWH

August, 10, 2007 AT 4:56 AM

Did you replace the Opti-spark unit?

GWH

enaire

August, 13, 2007 AT 11:36 PM

Did you replace the Opti-spark unit?

GWH[/quote: 4021aa9aa3]

I will try a new Opti-spark unit.

Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Ignition System Test Guide
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz