1990 Chevy Corvette Bad Injector

HOWARD HARVEY
  • 1990 CHEVROLET CORVETTE

1990 Chevy Corvette V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual 46000 miles

Gentlemen
Have had to have my corvette towed twice. Runs so bad coughs and sputters when trying to give it gas that it can not generate enough power to pull itself. The first time my mechanic deduced it was a bad injector. He unplugged it and the car ran fine with a miss. He was going on vacation and I took the car to drive a bit since it was running so well. Drove fine for a bit with a miss. After running for a bit it started it again. Acted like it was starved for gas, coughed and sputtered. Mechanic came to where I was waiting on tow and he thought it was fuel pump. My Mechanic says he has continuously checked pressure. It has remained constant. He seems to think that its another injector. He has tested the ohms on the others and he says they are not what they should be. Eight injectors and labor is going to cost me over a $1000. HELP?

Monday, July 13th, 2009 AT 12:16 PM

LOUT5369

Put a vacuum gage on the engine, reading should be 17"-22"hg, if it's not, is gage reading less than 17"hg or is gage sweeping(bouncing), check the upper plenum gasket on the intake, these are the gaskets that go between the upper plenum and the runners(tubes), you could have a vacuum leak.

Thursday, July 30th, 2009 AT 6:24 AM