CHEVY BLOWN HEAD GASKET

1989 Chevrolet Corvette

Vetdrem

September, 22, 2010 AT 5:08 PM

Engine Cooling problem
1989 Chevy Corvette V8 Automatic

Car overheated-temp got up in the 270 range before shutting it down. Changed thermostat to a 190 one, water pump had obvious signs of leakage out of weep holes so put brand new water pump on. Cleaned out all debris between radiator and condenser, took radiator out and to a radiator shop-they said it was just fine and did not need rodded out. I also bought a new radiator cap with lever on top. After all of this, white smoke coming from pipes, found out there was coolant in my oil. Decided to try cheap temporary fix and put Liquid Glass in per the directions. No more white smoke but Its still getting hot. Rented the equipment to do pressure test to radiator cap and radiator-cap is fine but loses pressure in radiator and noticed there is WATER in my throttle body. Now what?

September, 22, 2010 AT 7:27 PM

No exterior leak?

Sounds like you need to block test it-could be headgasket, cracked head or block and and intake manifold leak

Valve Cover Gasket Replacement Toyota Corolla
Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8