2006 Chevy Colorado

JDSACCONE
  • 2006 CHEVROLET COLORADO
2006 Chevy Colorado Four Wheel Drive Automatic 21900 miles

I was tightening the positive battery terminal clamp and my wrench accidentally touched a piece of metal and sparked.
Since then my automatic door locks won't work either from the door switch or from the remote button.
Also, the driver side window won't work, either up or down, but all the other windows do operate from the driver side switches.
I checked all fuses and they are good and ring out.
Any suggestions?
The engine size is the 5 cyl
David
Thursday, February 11th, 2010 AT 6:26 PM

FACTORYJACK
Does any of the other functions work from the remote, indicating it is at least functional, or are there any other than door locks. It looks like your left front door switch is also the door module. It controls door locks and the left front window only. Try removing the door lock fuse(#21) in the underhood fuse block for a few minutes. This supplies power to the logic portion of the door module. The fuse is good, correct? Also check if it has power to/across it. Since the door locks don't work with either the switch or keyless, I don't suspect a fault with the body control module, which is also the keyless receiver. I am suspecting logic lock on the drivers door module. When you reinstall the fuse it may work. Logic lock does not necessarily indicate a failure of the component, just a tie up, perhaps from a voltage spike due to the shorting of the battery.
Thursday, February 11th, 2010 AT 11:51 PM
JDSACCONE
There are no other functions on the remote but door open and lock. I removed the fuse for several minutes and still the power door lock will not function. I do however here a clicking sound near the fuse box when I try to unlock or lock and the horn and lights work when in the lock mode.

Any further suggestions?
David
Saturday, February 13th, 2010 AT 11:20 AM
JDSACCONE
Hello
I tried what you suggested to resolve my problem. Still unable to use door locks or front window.
Any further suggestions
David
Monday, February 15th, 2010 AT 3:36 PM
DENNYP
Do you have a DVOM? If so, do you know how to measure DC voltage with it?
Monday, February 15th, 2010 AT 7:26 PM
FACTORYJACK
If you checked the fuses, you can check power and ground at the window switch. Try disconnecting and shorting both battery cables. This does about the same as before, but on a broader spectrum. After that and still with no success, you will probably need a scan tool to verify inputs are being received by the drivers door module(switch). If the inputs are being received, yet no outputs are being executed, you could have a faulty drivers door module.
+1
Monday, February 15th, 2010 AT 9:43 PM
JDSACCONE
Thank You for your help
David
Wednesday, February 17th, 2010 AT 5:25 PM
FACTORYJACK
Is the problems corrected?
Wednesday, February 17th, 2010 AT 11:48 PM
JDSACCONE
Been real busy at work. No time to trouble shoot the problem further as you suggested. I will investigate this weekend.
David
Thursday, February 18th, 2010 AT 4:22 PM
2CARPROS LINSEY
We appreciate your donation and look forward to helping you in the future. Thank you
Tuesday, March 2nd, 2010 AT 12:43 PM
JAMES ZUMWALT
Have the following issues with my 2006 Colorado, fan only works on high- looked at the plug and is burnt; fan making loud whinning sound; temp control **** only works in red or hot area. What do I need to look for in correcting the issues.
Friday, February 18th, 2011 AT 5:43 PM
DAYTONSCOTT
The resistor is blown in the heater control were that burnt harness plugs into. GM should charge roughly 70 for parts (resistor and harness) and about 180 for labour.
Monday, February 20th, 2012 AT 10:48 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
James was the answer from daytonscott helpful for you?
Monday, February 27th, 2012 AT 6:03 PM