CHEVY CAR IS MAKING A KOCKING NOISE IN DRIVERS

2006 Chevrolet Cobalt

fields5302

March, 11, 2009 AT 5:56 PM

Noises problem
2006 Chevy Cobalt 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 18762 miles

My car is making a knocking or tapping noise when I drive it, it seems to make the noise in the drivers front tire area behind the fire wall. The noise gets really worse when I turn the steering wheel just a little to either side, it is really bad when I do this around 55MPH.

We have changed the driver side axle and the hub bearing assembly but it did not help.

I have not noticed anything else that makes with worse other than only turning the steering wheel just until I feel pressure on the wheel. You can hear the noise slow down as the speed goes down until you drop below 30MPH.

The noise reminds me of a shaft being warped and and hitting another piece of metal or a jack hammer but I looked the front end over and cannot find anything.

If you have any idea's please help

James W.

March, 12, 2009 AT 1:06 AM

Is the noise at wheel speed? Are you sure it's not the bearing on the other side? Please advise

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes
Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL