2006 CHEVY COBALT CAR IS MAKING A KOCKING NOISE IN DRIVERS

• Fields5302
  • 2006 CHEVROLET COBALT

Noises problem
2006 Chevy Cobalt 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 18762 miles

My car is making a knocking or tapping noise when I drive it, it seems to make the noise in the drivers front tire area behind the fire wall. The noise gets really worse when I turn the steering wheel just a little to either side, it is really bad when I do this around 55MPH.

We have changed the driver side axle and the hub bearing assembly but it did not help.

I have not noticed anything else that makes with worse other than only turning the steering wheel just until I feel pressure on the wheel. You can hear the noise slow down as the speed goes down until you drop below 30MPH.

The noise reminds me of a shaft being warped and and hitting another piece of metal or a jack hammer but I looked the front end over and cannot find anything.

If you have any idea's please help

Wednesday, March 11th, 2009 AT 5:56 PM

• James W.

Is the noise at wheel speed? Are you sure it's not the bearing on the other side? Please advise

Thursday, March 12th, 2009 AT 1:06 AM