1996 CHEVY CHEYENNE TRANSMISSION REPLACED

• Kaliboo
  • 1996 CHEVROLET CHEYENNE

1996 Chevy Cheyenne V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150, 00 miles

I just had the transmission and the rear end in my truck rebuilt/replaced, and after I got the truck and paperwork back, I noticed that all the information about the truck on the paperwork was wrong.
My truck is a Chevy 2500, the paperwork said it was a K1500.
Does that mean they might have put the wrong transmission and rear end in?
After the work was done, I noticed a loss in power, towing was tough, and the tranny kept slamming from 1st to 2nd, and winding out from 3rd to 4th.
I brought it back several times and the idiot mechanic tells me that's normal! I tow horses, and if I tried to tow my horse with the truck like that he would flip the trailer over.
Finally, another mechanic said I needed a map sensor and he put something else on the tranny to make the tranny shift "crisper". It rides a lot better, but the crisper shift sometimes almost puts my head into the windshield.
What is the problem?
I need some help because now I have paid $3000.00, and still can't tow my horses with my truck.

Saturday, April 19th, 2008 AT 9:54 AM