CHEVY

1989 Chevrolet Celebrity

Kelbinator

December, 9, 2009 AT 11:01 AM

1989 Chevy Celebrity 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 65,000 miles

I own a '89 Chevy Celebrity and after driving it from Phoenix to Flagstaff and back it has begun to have issues. While drive up I noticed that the car was vibrating, but it stop after five minutes. However the next day when I was driving it got sluggish when I accelerated (Felt like it would stall out on me) and then there was a loud pop from the front of the car. Once it popped everything was fine. It ran perfectly after that. It does this on and on and off for about a month and now it is starting to vibrate again. This only has happened twice in the pass week and has for about five minutes.
I don't know if this has to do about anything but now my now heater rattles when it turns on as well.
Does anyone have any idea what could be going on with it? How do I fix my baby? I've already spent quite a bit on it and I'd like to get this fixed already. Thank you.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

December, 9, 2009 AT 11:10 AM

Welcome to the forum, how long since a tune-up? Use a gage and check fuel pressure? Are there any codes? Sometimes a popping sound can be caused by valve timing.