2002 Chevy Cavalier Cranks but wont start

NAMBROSE87
  • 2002 CHEVROLET CAVALIER

2002 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 93000 miles

Hi, My cavalier wont start the engine will crank when the ignition is turned but nothing further happens. If left alone for like 6+ hours it will start for a moment and can be kept running for a few minutes if the accelerator is pressed. Eventually the engine still dies out. I have already clean my air filter and changed my spark plugs but still no response

Monday, September 27th, 2010 AT 4:16 PM

Cranks but no start condition-do below to determine whether it's fuel or spark issue that's causing it not to start.

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Monday, September 27th, 2010 AT 7:15 PM