2001 Chevy Cavalier Engine Missing on cylender 2

JUSTIN31337
  • 2001 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
The car can be driven but it has no power and misses.
a diagnostic tool said "cylinder 2 miss fire". A friend who is a mechanic messed with it and says the 2 and 3 cylinders are firing at the same time.
I changed the coil, plug wires, plugs, air filter, oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air intake sensor, and checked the fuel line to see if it was clogged and checked the injectors but didn't replace them. I'm getting desperate and running out of money, any suggestions?
Monday, February 23rd, 2009 AT 2:31 PM

Hello, what's the litre size of you engine? Cylinders 2 & 3 are supposed to fire at the same time. Whether it is a 2.2 or 2.4, the firing order is the same, 1342.

Did you visually check for spark at the plugs? Did you use a gage and check fuel pressure? A misfire can be caused by just about anything. Do your testing before you replace anything.
Monday, February 23rd, 2009 AT 3:06 PM
JUSTIN31337
Its a 2.2L and its getting spark at the plug. I assume we checked the fuel pressure, but I think the problem is something else. We decided to hook up a timing light to it just to see if that could tell us something and it looked like there isn't a constant spark, like it will flash constant and pause for half a second at odd times like its skipping a spark every once in a while, but we didn't know if it was supposed to do that or not. One thing I forgot to mention is the "Trac" light comes on when it starts missing and when it goes off its fine. Its on more than its off. When you drive it, it will be missing then it will start running fine for about 5 minutes, then runs bad and then good over and over. The check engine light sometimes comes on, but usually only if we are driving it for 10 minutes or more. I guess I will probably have to take it to a garage and let them do some tests on it
Tuesday, February 24th, 2009 AT 11:23 AM