2000 Chevy Cavalier Power window motor replacement

AJDEFOE
  • 2000 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
The front driver-side power window motor is in need of replacement. I can see that it is riveted on and I can drill those out. My problem is where the regulator (scissor-type) and motor attach: I have read that there is a spring mechanism that needs to be dealt with using a special tool. How do I detach the regulator from the motor safely and then attach a new motor correctly?
Friday, April 24th, 2009 AT 8:24 AM

MERLIN2021
WINDOW MOTOR Removal & Installation 1. Pull inside door handle to full open position. Push in on door handle pull cup, while prying out at top with flat-blade tool. Pull up on door handle pull cup to remove. 2. On front doors of hardtop models, remove power door lock switch and power window switch. See WINDOW & DOOR LOCK SWITCHES . 3. On front doors of convertible models, remove power door lock switch. See WINDOW & DOOR LOCK SWITCHES . 4. On all models, remove upper trim finish panel. Remove door trim panel lower screws. Remove door armrest. Remove door panel and set aside. 5. Remove water deflector enough to access motor/actuator assembly. Disconnect motor/actuator assembly electrical connector. Remove motor/actuator assembly bolts. Remove motor/actuator assembly. 6. To install, reverse removal procedure. Tighten motor/actuator bolts to 53 INCH lbs. (6 N.m). Page 1 of 1 POWER WINDOWS -2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 4/24/2009
Not on this one. More info here:
http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/power_window.htm
Friday, April 24th, 2009 AT 4:11 PM
AJDEFOE
Thanks for the reply, but you did not address the spring issue. Where exactly is this spring and how do I keep it from releasing when I disconnect the motor from regulator? I want to replace just the motor, not the regulator too. Also, the first link you posted did not work.
Saturday, April 25th, 2009 AT 7:51 AM
MERLIN2021
I thought I did address the spring, non in yours! The directions are specific to your car. The fiirst link is dead, it only shows where I got the info! You do NOT need to remove the regulator on yours.
Sunday, April 26th, 2009 AT 8:53 AM