2000 Chevy Cavalier Possible fuel pump relay

FMA1991
  • 2000 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
2000 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

Hey I was driving the car around fine, not cutting out or anything last nite, it was a little low on gas not to bad. Went to take off this morning and it wouldn't start. The way it sounded when it was turning over, it sounded like it wasn't getting any gas pumped to it so I stuck my head down next to the fuel tank and I couldn't hear the fuel pump turn on. I undid the intake and primed it a little and it fired up but died once it had burned what i'd poured in. All the fuses in the fuse box are good, same goes for the one under the hood that goes to the brain or whatever. Im guessing fuel pump relay but I was wondering if there was anything else that it could be, I don't want to go out and buy another relay and it not fix it, you know what I mean? But thank you if you could help me out here.
Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010 AT 11:42 AM

First you need a helper to turn teh key andlisten to the tank as you aren't fast enought as it's done priming by the time you got to the tank. No offense here. So have someone turn teh key while you haeve the cap open and listen. Then check your fuel pressure. It may be the pump and not the relay. Best thing to do is see if the pump is getting power it sounds like it's not and the relays can go bad, but not normally.
-1
Saturday, June 5th, 2010 AT 9:01 PM