2000 Chevy Cavalier cooling system problem

C LEBON
  • 2000 CHEVROLET CAVALIER

Engine Cooling problem
2000 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

i took my car to have a pressure test done and the results were tha I needed new upper an lower hoses, a new thermostat, coolent overflow bottle, an a flush. We did all this but for some reson the temp. Gage is still going very high. What could it be?Please help.

Saturday, January 10th, 2009 AT 3:40 PM

ZACKMAN

Did you happen to check to make sure the cooling fans working? If not, check for possible bad fuse, relays, engine coolant temp sensor, or even the fan motor. If yes, continue.

I don't think there is a radiator cap, only an overflow cover. Did you happen to replace that cover? Open the cover. Do you happen to see the coolant is kind of dark-ish in color, like oil residue in it? Also, pull your oil dipstick. Do you see "milky" residue?

Instead of pressure test, you may to consider a leak down test to make sure that the head gasket is intact, not leaking.

Saturday, January 10th, 2009 AT 11:56 PM