1999 Chevy Cavalier Brakes and computer problem

KOSS012
  • 1999 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
Computer problem
1999 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My 99 cavalier has its ABS and EBS lights come on sparatically usually in rainy conditions. When this occurs at low speeds parking and stopping at stop lights my abs will kick in and the car won't stop usually for about 2-5 feet. I have taken my car in and had it hooked up to a dianostic check and the mechanic told me he couldn't connect with the brakes to get a reading from the car?

Do you know what the problem could be and what I could expect for a repair of this to cost?
Saturday, November 21st, 2009 AT 12:59 PM

MERLIN2021
Just because his scanner doesnt work, doesnt mean a Chevy tool wont, You do need the coe to start a dignostic, if it's a wheel speed sensor(common) you can test each one with a volt ohm meter, ohm the two leads at each sensor, reading for Chevy is 2300 ohms, then switch to volts and spin the wheel, reading should increase with speed. Worn hub bearings can cause these issues.
Saturday, November 21st, 2009 AT 2:28 PM